Wednesday April 16 by Andy

Matthew 3:13Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John.But John tried to deter him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me? Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." Then John consented.

Here in this passage we see John the Baptist being asked to baptize Jesus. I find it interesting that John, who knew all about Jesus and his coming to earth, still resisted in baptizing Jesus. I guess he felt like he wasn’t worthy. After all who is he to baptize the son of God.

I can relate to John in this passage. I can understand the feeling of not being worthy to do what God wants me to. It seems as though the devil is pretty good at reminding me of all my short comings every time I wish to do something big for God. The problem is that if I allow the devil to do this I will be paralyzed in my faith and I won’t be able to accomplish what it is God has for me. God has great plans for me and his desire is that I accomplish these goals humbly. I think it is a good thing that I realize I am not worthy because I am not. Even though I am not worthy God still wants me anyway and that is pretty cool.

Lord, thank you for allowing me to do your work. I am so glad that even though I am not worthy you still want me. May I always serve you humbly and faithfully.

No comments: