Thursday April 17 by Pastor Ketih

Title: Ready for War!

Scripture:
1 Chronicles 7: 40 All these were descendants of Asher—heads of families, choice men, brave warriors and outstanding leaders. The number of men ready for battle, as listed in their genealogy, was 26,000.

Observation:
In a long list of genealogies the descendants of Asher stand out. They were choice men, brave warriors, and outstanding leaders.

These were the men movies are made about. I can’t help but think, what made them “choice men” or “outstanding leaders.” Was it courage? Lack of timidity? Confidence? What makes an outstanding leader… for these guys they proved themselves as warriors and they stood out.

They weren’t the largest group or tribe… but, they were ready for battle and they were brave warriors.

Application:
When I reflect on my own life, I too want to be a choice man of God, a brave warrior, and an outstanding leader. I want to leave a legacy of my valiant honor and strength.

We live in a very different time and place than that of the descendants of Asher. I probably won’t need to go to battle with armor and sword… but, I do have the same Mighty God… and I am still fighting battles.

They are very different battles. Although, these battles are not against flesh and blood, they will test character and filter out the choice men, brave warriors, and outstanding leaders.

Makes me want to raise my shoulders, take a deep breath, and hold my head high. I am ready to be that warrior, that man, that soldier for Christ.
In the words of William Wallace, “Are you ready for a war?”

Prayer:
Lord God, it is hard for me to comprehend that you were the God of the descendants of Asher and you have never changed! Help me to trust you as my King… I want to serve you. There are times that I know I fall short of being a mighty warrior and an outstanding leader. Thank you for your forgiveness. Make me into the man you want me to be. For your Kingdom and glory. So be it. And amen!

No comments: