Friday, April 8, 2008 by Nancy

Scripture:
Psalm 34:17-18 (Msg.)
"Is anyone crying for help? God is listening, ready to rescue you.
If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there;
if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath."
Matthew 5:4 (Msg.)
"You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you.
Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you."

Observation:
In the sermon on the mount, given by Jesus in Matthew 5, we read the words of Jesus. They are radical--completely counter-cultural, leaving behind tradition and the laws of old. They must have been such a breath of fresh air for His followers! Just as they are today.

Application:
Our God is so very gracious, so kind. He readily listens to His children. His compassion is unfailing and His mercy is new each morning. Just as Jesus spoke a message of revolution, I must speak of revolutionary grace in the same way. The gospel I live out, the gospel I teach, the gospel I share, must be one of grace and acceptance for it is the gospel that Jesus embraced.

Prayer:
Dearest Father, Compassionate Savior, I am so grateful for your presence in my life--for your faithful, for your grace so freely offered and undeserved, for the way you fill in the empty places just as you promised. Help me to share that same grace with others. Use me as you will. I am yours. Amen.

No comments: