Monday, March 17th, 2008 by Randy

Title
THE K.I.S.S. Principle

Scripture
1 Corinthians 2:4-5 (Paul wrote) My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

Observation
Paul, a well educated scholar, could have “wowed” his listeners with his words. Instead, he chose to communicate simply. He shared Christ, in the power of the Holy Spirit, leaving the results to God. I’m reminded of Billy Graham who also set the example of “sticking to the basics.” Like Paul and Graham, God wants people to put their faith in Him and not the person sharing about Him!

Application
Years ago, I remember a professor saying that great communicators always keep it simple— “K.I.S.S.” That acronym K.I.S.S. stood for “keep it simple, stupid.” Rather blunt, but I got the point. Still today, I never want to succumb to the temptation of trying to “impress” people. Frankly, it makes me nervous when I see people gravitate to some preacher or leader, rather than Christ. I'd be criticized for simplicity than praised for eloquence. My greatest desire in sharing God’s word is that lives are changed! I don’t want people to put their faith in a church or a person, but the power of God!! My prayer is that God works in and through me as I teach God’s truth, simple and basic.

Prayer
Father, help me to grow in my dependence on you and your power. I want to be used to draw people to you, never myself. Holy Spirit, please will work in and through me, giving power to my words that I might glorify Christ Jesus. AMEN.

No comments: