Monday, February 18, 2008 by Randy

Title The Resurrection

Scripture
[19] Instead, they had some points of dispute with him about their own religion and about a dead man named Jesus who Paul claimed was alive. Acts 25:19 (NIV)

Observation
As Felix recounted the events surrounding Paul's arrest, he told his friend, King Agrippa, how the issues caught him off guard. Acts 25:18 it records Felix's words, “When his accusers got up to speak, they did not charge him with any of the crimes I had expected.” Even though Festus knew little about Christianity, without knowing it, he hit the "nail on the head" -the central doctrine of Christianity was and is the resurrection of Jesus! Paul wrote to Corinthians, referring resurrection, “If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men” (1 Corinthians 15:19). Why is the resurrection so important? Because Christ rose from the dead as he promised, we know that what he said is true—he is God. Because he rose, we have certainty that our sins are forgiven. Because he rose, he lives and represents us to God. Because he rose and defeated death, we know we will also be raised (from Bible notes).

Application
Growing up we used to sing a song entitled, “He Lives.” It goes like this:
I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today;
I know that He is living, whatever men may say.
I see his hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer
and, just the time I need Him, He's always near.

He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart.

This morning I’ve so grateful that Jesus is alive and that he lives in my heart! And, like Paul, I want to share Jesus and his love with others, even today!

Prayer
Lord Jesus, thank you that you are alive today. Thank you that you are alive in my heart. Help me see the open doors to share the Good News with others, just like Paul. AMEN.

No comments: