Andy's Journal

Acts 27:25-26: So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me. Nevertheless, we must run aground on some island.

Paul is on a journey to go to prison when he gets on this boat. On the 3rd day of this journey they run into a storm. During this storm everyone was freakin out thinking that they were going to die, and rightfully so. One night, from what I can tell it was the 3rd night, an angel tells Paul that everyone will make it alive and but the ship will sink. Later we read that the ship ends up running aground on the fourteenth day. There is a huge span in between when God says everything will be ok and when everything is actually ok.

I find this interesting that God would send an angel to comfort Paul and the crew and then 10-11 days later it happens. I think I’d I were on that boat that I would want that comfort to happen right away. I wonder why God did it that way? I see these types of things happen in my own life. Not in the way of a ship sinking in a hurricane but I see them in the areas of my life cause me to doubt that help will ever come. I know God’s promises in my life and I know that he will comfort me in all I do but I think I get caught up in the when more then I should. I need to rest knowing that God will take care of me. It doesn’t mean that nothing bad will happen to me. After all Paul did continue to spend 10 days in a hurricane and the ship did end up wrecking. In all of that God took care of Paul and I know he will take care of me.

“Lord, I thank you for taking care of me. I thank you for always being there for me when I need you. I am sorry for getting impatient when I am facing trials. May I always rest in you and take refuge in your Word. Thanks for always watching over me.”

No comments: