Thursday May 29, 2008 by Keith

Title: Life Giving Love

SCRIPTURE:
Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.
27 The fear of the LORD adds length to life, but the years of the wicked are cut short.

OBSERVATION:
There is something to be said about having a right relationship with God. There seems to be life, joy, and hope in the one who follows the LORD whole-heartedly.

Proverbs 10:12 remind us that love can do extraordinary things… when someone wrongs you; typically you want revenge – not more love! Yet, the one who received God’s immeasurable love can give and demonstrate that same love.

Verse 27 of Proverbs 10 says that fearing the Lord actually adds length to life. The end result: less stress, more joy, less anxiety, and more contentment.
Proverbs 12:25 put it this way “An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.”

APPLICATION:
Am I weighed down today? Do I reflect a God that is love? Do I have the fear of the LORD that adds length to my life?

Each of those questions depends on my relationship with God today. It is up to me to make sure that I get my heart right with God. I can in no way pretend to love others. I cannot pretend to have joy. If I do, my life will probably end in a heart attack… or some other stress induced illness.

Our mighty God desires us to live rightly. He is the maker of life and as a result knows what’s best in my life and yours.

Let me seek Him today with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

PRAYER:
Father, thank you for your wise words in Proverbs. I pray that I find wisdom and discernment from you today. May I rely on you and know you more today than anything else. Help me to fear you, love others, and share kind words that cheer up. To your glory Jesus. So be it amen

No comments: