Friday, May 16, by Nancy

Scripture:
David continued to address Solomon: "Take charge! Take heart! Don't be anxious or get discouraged. God, my God, is with you in this; he won't walk off and leave you in the lurch. He's at your side until every last detail is completed for conducting the worship of God.
1 Chronicles 28:20

Observation:
After years of promises, Solomon assumes the throne but not without ongoing conflict. His half-brother has challenged his role, his mother has lobbied for him, and finally David has passed on the crown. In the midst of this tumult, David speaks these words of encouragement to his son.

Application:
There are times in life when I need to hear these words too. How heartening to know that the God of David, the God of Solomon, is my God. I serve the same God--He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Because He never changes, I too can know that God is on my side until every last detail is completed.

Prayer:
Unchanging God,
I am so grateful for your presence in my life. Help me to rely on You. Amen.

No comments: