February 14, 2008 by Pastor Keith

Title: The Lord is Almighty

Scripture:
Psalm 24:1 states, “the earth is the LORD’s and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.”

Observation:
Is God’s Word contradictory? How can one place say, “eye for an eye,” and yet another “love your enemies.”

I know the church answer: Jesus is the fulfillment of the law. And I would probably be able to defend it with an argument. However, there is something in my own logic that does not understand. I don’t understand the concept of a man being stoned to death because of his words; this seems so cruel.

God’s Word is powerful and they are God’s – not man’s and more importantly not mine. In the same reading today, Psalm 24:1 states, “the earth is the LORD’s and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.” There’s the answer to all of my questions, there’s the truth about all of my doubts. God is God! The earth and everyone on it are God’s! He makes the rules… and sometimes I don’t understand them. Why?

Psalm 24:10 asks, ”who is he, this King of glory?” The answer, “The Lord Almighty-he is the King of glory.”

Application:
Enough said. I am the Lords. Every person I read about in Scripture was the Lord’s. And all of history, the present, and the future are God’s because he is Lord Almighty.

My challenge is to surrender fully to the Lord and do his will, not my own. How can I see God in the midst of everything I do. Because the “earth is the Lords.” That includes everything I do at church, the people I interact with, the things I use, my family, and so on. Am I using God’s things the way he wants me to? I can’t answer that… but I can spend time with the one that can and hopefully learn from Him.

Prayer:
Father, thank You for being God. I don’t fully grasp what that means, but I surrender to you and I acknowledge you as the Lord Almighty. Help me to understand Your Word and to submit my life to you 100%. Use me to accomplish your will. Amen

1 comment:

Steve said...

Right on pastor Keith! We can't understand God. If we could, what we think of Him. Our omniscient creator all figured out? Where is the mystery there? We should understand that we are to be doers, not just hearers. James 1:22-25 says: Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forges what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it-he will be blessed in what he does. Translation: actions speak louder than words.

S.C.