Thursday June 19, 2008 by Keith

Title: Not Another Day

Scripture: 2 Kings 1:13-14
13 So the king sent a third captain with his fifty men. This third captain went up and fell on his knees before Elijah. "Man of God," he begged, "please have respect for my life and the lives of these fifty men, your servants! 14 See, fire has fallen from heaven and consumed the first two captains and all their men. But now have respect for my life!"

Observation:
Can you imagine wintnessing fire coming down from the sky and killing 51 people? Not once? But twice!!!

I don’t know what to be more amazed with, the fire or Elijah’s faith. It required great faith for Elijah to do what he did. He believed God is God. He knew all things are possible only through God. And he was devoted to God’s message: only God should be worshipped.

Application:
Although, God seems to work in different ways, He is still God.

How am I trusting in God the way Elijah did? Do I call on Him? Do I listen to Him? Do others see God in my life?

I want to live a life that the world sees God in me. I want to do the impossible for God’s glory.

Prayer:
Father, thank you for being YOU! Help me trust in You. I ask that you would use my life as you will. For Your glory. amen!

No comments: