Thursday May 8, 2008 by Keith

Title: Swimming in God's love

Scripture:
Psalm32:10 Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.

Observation: Sometimes the most complex things in life are simple. This maps out life’s two options: 1. Experience woes if you are wicked 2. Experience God’s love when you trust Him

There really are only two options in life. Trust the Lord or NOT!

I would love to say that I fall in the camp of always trusting the Lord. My favorite verse that I cling to is Proverbs 3:5&6 which starts with, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding…”

The result of trusting in God verse 10 of Psalm 32 tells us that the LORD’s unfailing love surrounds him. This is an awesome description… it’s like swimming in God’s love. An early verse in Psalm 32 described mighty waters that rise… this description was speaking of tumultuous times. However, with God on our side, we can be confident in His unfailing love and fully trust in Him despite our circumstances.

Application: As sit here in the morning, preparing to start my day, I can’t help but think, “Am I surrounded by God’s unfailing love?” I mean I can say it… but do I trust it?

Going back to Proverbs 3:5&6 do I trust in the Lord with all my heart and acknowledge Him in all my ways?

This is the goal today. Amongst my preparing, planning, meetings, and interruptions, how will I trust the Lord? Together with my brothers and sisters may we sense God’s unfailing love surrounding us. May the world around us get wet with God’s love because we trust in Him.

Prayer: Lord, help me to trust in you. I admit that I often pretend to fully trust you… yet hide insecurity in my heart. Today, I lay my life down and ask that you would do, as you will. For Your glory and Your fame. So be it and amen

No comments: