Tuesday, April 29, 2008 by Bob

TITLE: Here I am Lord, use me!

SCRIPTURE: 2 Samuel 5:12, “And David knew that the LORD had established him as king over Israel and had exalted his kingdom for the sake of his people Israel.”

OBSERVATION: David’s climb to the position of king over all the Israelites took over seven years to attain. But when Israel’s elders finally relented and anointed him King, followed by several successful military victories, we read, David knew that the Lord had established him as king and exalted his kingdom. After all the persecution and turmoil David had endured, he could have very easily interpreted his rise to power as a reward for his faithfulness and obedience to God. But David knew otherwise, which we find in his comment, “…for the sake of his people Israel.” David saw himself as a servant committed to serving God’s larger plan for his people. You could hear David say, “Here I am Lord, use me.”

APPLICATION: Have you ever been blessed and exalted by God in your family, school, or work and wondered why he would grace your life like he has? This passage helps us to understand that sometimes our blessings from God are intended to be the strength we need to complete his work around us. It requires us to be keenly aware of the work he is doing to those around us and to know how we can be a part of his work for his kingdom.

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, please help me to alter my perspective toward my surroundings and to see less of me and more of your plan for those around me. Help me to ask you why; whenever I receive your graces, and to understand how I can be part of your work. Help me to have a heart like David that cries, “Here I am Lord, use me!”

No comments: