January 17, 2008 by Keith

Luke 17:20-21
20Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

It’s here! The Scriptures reveal something curious… God’s ways are so very different than our own.

In man’s futile thinking we think of God’s Kingdom as something far off, something that will happen someday, and of course we imagine what that will look like.

It’s hard to believe that God can and does use someone normal for His awesome glory. It’s hard to imagine right here and right now I can experience the kingdom of God.

Jesus responds to the Pharisees in Luke 17:20 by saying, “The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation…” This makes me wonder if we look in the wrong places… for the wrong things… at the wrong times…

Jesus broke down the walls of orthodoxy… he shattered man’s expectations of God’s kingdom. He reminds us that in Him we can experience the kingdom of God. Just as he uses a child as an example of faith… I need to see things like a child… and trust my Heavenly Daddy.

As a “Pastor” doing God’s work… how often have I missed God? Have I missed God’s kingdom in something small… something in my life?

My prayer today is a reminder and an assurance of the prayer Jesus taught.

My Father who is in Heaven, hallowed be Your name, Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Show me Lord Jesus what this looks like in my life, my family, and in Your church. This is by your power and for your glory forever. Amen.

No comments: