Friday, March 28, by Nancy

Scripture:
"After Ehud died, the Israelites once again did evil in the eyes of the Lord."
Judges 4:1

Observation:
The book of the Judges records a terrible cycle in the history of Israel--one of rebellion and repentance, repeated over and over again. Some how the Israelites never seem to learn the lesson. They never make the connection between obedience and blessing and disobedience and devastation. Yet God repeatedly takes them back, time and again, when they finally recognize the error of their ways, he takes them back in forgiveness.

Application:
That's among the best things I've ever heard! I am embarrassed to say that I am often just as wrong-headed as the children of Israel. It turns out, I too am stubborn and stiff-necked! I'm so thankful that God forgives and forgets. That He removes my sin as far as the east is from the west. How remarkable that He does not tire of having his children come back to Him in repentance--His mercies are new every morning!

Prayer:
Father,
Thank you for not keeping track of the number of times I foolishly demand my own way, the times I fail to submit, or choose selfishness over grace. I am so grateful for your mercy in my life.
Amen

No comments: