January 21, 2008 by Randy

Date: 1/21/08
Title: Watching Eyes
Topic: Moses tried to hide his sin.
Scripture Reference: Exodus 2:12

SCRIPTURE (Ex 2:12 NIV) Glancing this way and that and seeing no one, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand.

OBSERVE Moses was sure no one would see his sin. The passage says he glanced "this way and that...seeing no one." Isn't true? Sooner or later, sin catches up with us. Either someone sees us, no matter how hard we try to conceal it or the consequences eventually expose us. Sin ALWAYS finds us out. However, failure never has to be final. Even though Moses sinned greatly, murdering someone, he was still used of God. No matter what we have done, God can graciously restore us.

APPLICATION I don't think "being watched" is a good motive for best behavior. But even in the small things, I need to be living out my faith. I rejoice that despite my mess ups and shortcomings, God can still use me. Proverbs 28:13 says, "He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy."

PRAYER Father, I want to live a life of integrity. Help me to remember that I can never get away from sin. Also, others are watching me. Help me to be a good example. Most of all, Father, you are watching me. I want to live a life that brings honor and glory to you. AMEN.

No comments: